Search for Jobs:
Safety Director Ankeny, IA
Keen Project Solutions, LLC.
Keen Project Solutions, LLC is an expert in General Contracting, Construction Management, Engineering, and Millwright Services. We believe smart, motivated teams can do amazing things.
SAFETY DIRECTOR 5 ROLES
· Lead, Manage, and Accountability
· Company Safety Culture
· Safety Strategy & Compliance
· Risk Management
Lead, Manage, and accountability
· Create and communicate a compelling vision and strategy for Safety
· Give clear direction
· Allocate appropriate resources, including specialized safety training, up-to-date technology, and dedicated coaching time to enhance employee safety skills
· Foster employee development through continuous safety education and professional growth opportunities
· Recruit and retain qualified safety personnel with a strong emphasis on compliance and proactive risk management
· Effectively communicate with and connect with all stakeholders
· Provide timely and constructive feedback to encourage safety best practices and address areas needing improvement
COMPANY SAFETY CULTURE
· Implement and sustain a Behavior-Based Safety Culture by integrating safety as a core value in all project delivery processes
· Be active, visible, and connected within our industry
· Connect with our customers and build relationships
· Promote positive relationships with regulatory agencies such as OSHA
· Guarantee the timely dissemination of vital safety information across all organizational levels
safety strategy and compliance
· Effectively articulate the company’s safety philosophy, vision, and strategy
· Work with the Safety Steering Team to maintain accountability of annual goals, quarterly rocks, and measurables
· Oversee and evaluate third-party safety partners to ensure alignment with Keen’s safety standards and objectives
· Have a deep understanding of our Safety Policy’s and keep updated as needed
· Regularly monitor and analyze changes in safety legislation and regulations to maintain compliance
· Ensure Keen is within compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
· Create and/or review safety training and recommend revisions, improvements, and updates
· Offer expert analysis on contracts, insurance requirements, and ensure regulatory compliance
· Contribute to mitigating potential risk and oversight of all general lines of insurance
· Professionally represent Keen in captive insurance groups
· Anticipate potential risks, assess probabilities and develop plans to respond effectively.
· Provide consulting during project planning to identify risk and coach the team towards proactive countermeasures
· Coach teams through the incident management process as well as propose solutions to remedy such incidents in the future using root cause analysis.
· Crisis management
· Employ data benchmarking to identify injury trends and develop targeted risk mitigation strategies
· Oversee claims management process and support all claim activities
· Keep engaged in the industry to understand trends and technology advances that are applicable to Keen
· Leverage advanced technologies such as wearables and automation to enhance worker protection and safety outcomes
· Cultivate an intrapreneurial mindset to drive innovative safety solutions within the company
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor's degree required in Occupational Safety and Health, Construction Engineering, Construction Management or related or other equivalent discipline preferred.
· Minimum 10 years of proven experience managing the safety efforts of a mid-sized or large-scale design-builder, EPC, and/or construction management company, preferably in the industrial or commercial construction industries.
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Trainer (CST), OSHA 500, IH-Industrial Hygiene designations or related industry certification(s) highly desirable.· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Procore, or related software.
· Knowledge of OSHA, theories, principles, and practices of construction, safety, and risk management for the construction industry and other applicable regulations relating to employee safety and accident prevention. Knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing construction safety.
· Experience in food safety, feed safety, NFPA, and Process Safety Management (PSM) are desirable.
· Prior experience with a captive insurance group is desirable.
· Continuous improvement of processes and the ability to develop others is a necessity.
· Experienced in training/facilitation, speaking in large groups, leading teams, motivating, and patience to retrain or change training when needed.
· Professional and technical writing
· Bilingual in English and Spanish beneficial, but not required.
· Travel with up to 50% by air and ground on a regular and ongoing basis without travel restrictions. Must have a valid passport.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Sedentary strength demands include exerting up to 25 pounds occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.
· Frequently requires standing, fine dexterity, sitting, and handling.
· Must be able to ascend and descend ladders, scaffolds, stairs and work in confined spaces and in proximity to loud equipment.
· Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct safety inspections.
· Must be able to traverse irregular and steep terrain
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
Keen Project Solutions is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol-free workplace, and background checks are required if applicable.
Benefits and additional Company Information is located on the career section of our website. https://thinkdifferentthinkkeen.com/careers