Search for Jobs:
Plumber/Pipefitter Dubuque, IA
Portzen Construction Inc.
Portzen Construction is a general contractor that focuses on commercial and industrial construction projects. In addition to being a general contractor, Portzen Construction self performs work including concrete, excavating, carpentry and plumbing/hydronics. Portzen Construction feels the ability to self-perform a large part of projects allows us to provide value added services to our clients.
Dubuque Plumbing and Heating, located in Dubuque, IA, is searching for plumbers and/or pipefitters. We currently have work available in the Northeast Iowa and Southwestern Wisconsin areas.
Plumber/Pipefitter Job Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, hydronic heating systems and plumbing fixtures.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follow building plans and blueprints.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed and materials used.
Plumber/Pipefitter Qualifications / Skills:
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of plumbing code, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Experience in the Commercial, Industrial, and/or Residential plumbing or hydronic industry.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron, carbon steel, and copper
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements
Education and Experience Recommendations:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- State plumbing license
- Experience as a journeyman plumber
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have own tools