Search for Jobs:
Project Superintendent Cedar Falls, IA
Nelson Construction & Development
Cedar Falls, IA
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate developer, investor, and general contractor located in Des Moines, Iowa. Our twenty-two years of work include more than 3,000,000 square feet and $600,000,000 in both ground-up new construction as well as major award-winning historic renovations. Our work spans many states, including Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Illinois with a focus on multifamily apartments, senior living assisted living and memory care units, as well as various hotel, retail, parking garage, and office projects.
Nelson Construction & Development share one office (developer, investor, and general contractor), and are completely open with pipe line for projects, finances, and problem solving. Once the design has been started, the general contractor is involved with the developer throughout the design process. Through this process, the general contracting team gains additional information from the design team and also the opportunity to weigh in on the design means and methods.
Nelson Construction & Development only works on our own projects. Therefore there is no chasing and hard bidding projects. There is a firm commitment for each project, making the general contracting team able to start engaging on projects early.
General Contracting at Nelson looks different than a typical general contractor, and because of this - our employees have the opportunity to dive into our projects during design, solve problems/issues faster with the owner, and also always knowing projects are coming.
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate and construction contractor firm seeking a qualified candidate that will manage the on-site day-to-day construction activities. Nelson offers diverse projects including a variety of commercial, multi-family, and senior living.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing subcontractors and suppliers, cost monitoring, scheduling and problem solving.
- Coordinate materials, subcontractor services, and schedules to meet completion dates.
- Ensure that all craftsman and visitors to the project site comply with all OSHA, federal, state, municipal, and project specific regulatory safety requirements to ensure and provide a safe working environment for all project members and visitors.
- Comprehensive understanding of drawings, specifications, and shop drawings as well as schedule, budget and workforce management.
- Ensure that all construction activities meet master project schedule milestones by developing, preparing and maintaining a six-week, short-interval construction activity schedule using lean techniques.
- Create a motivated workforce, develop cooperative subcontractor and consultant relationships and create long-term client relationships.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly project and safety meetings with all subcontractors.
- Drive the project and be able to communicate clearly with the client and the project manager.
- Timely and profitably complete assigned projects.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Compensation
- Performance Incentives
- Competitive Health Insurance (Wellmark BCBS)
- Dental Insurance with Vision Discount
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Growth Opportunities
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Schedule
- Fun Company Culture
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Marriott Owner Discount for Personal/Family Travel
- Safety Supplies Provided
- Paid Holidays and PTO
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising projects ($15mm) from start-up through punch-list.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, strong organization, judgment, multi-tasking, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in Procore, MS Office, MS Project, and Adobe Acrobat for documentation, reporting, and scheduling.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client/consultant/internal relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification, 1st Aid & CPR Certification.