Search for Jobs:
Project Engineer Cedar Falls, IA
Nelson Construction & Development
Cedar Falls, IA
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate developer, investor, and general contractor located in Des Moines, Iowa. Our twenty-two years of work include more than 3,000,000 square feet and $600,000,000 in both ground-up new construction as well as major award-winning historic renovations. Our work spans many states, including Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Illinois with a focus on multifamily apartments, senior living assisted living and memory care units, as well as various hotel, retail, parking garage, and office projects.
Nelson Construction & Development share one office (developer, investor, and general contractor), and are completely open with pipe line for projects, finances, and problem solving. Once the design has been started, the general contractor is involved with the developer throughout the design process. Through this process, the general contracting team gains additional information from the design team and also the opportunity to weigh in on the design means and methods.
Nelson Construction & Development only works on our own projects. Therefore there is no chasing and hard bidding projects. There is a firm commitment for each project, making the general contracting team able to start engaging on projects early.
General Contracting at Nelson looks different than a typical general contractor, and because of this - our employees have the opportunity to dive into our projects during design, solve problems/issues faster with the owner, and also always knowing projects are coming.
Nelson Construction & Development is a real estate and construction contractor firm seeking a qualified candidate that will assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in all aspects of the day-to-day management, supervision, and coordination of a construction project. Nelson offers diverse projects including a variety of commercial, multi-family, and senior living.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full-time on-site.
- Produce and maintain submittal log.
- Understand scopes of work to be included in subcontracts and/or purchase order agreements.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with procuring materials.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with RFIs, ASIs, and proposal requests.
- Assists Project Manager and Superintendent on monitoring and updating construction schedules.
- Assists Superintendent with pre-punch lists for inspections and final punch list for the project.
- Assists leadership in promoting job site safety, encouraging safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Display leadership and assure project responsibilities are carried out promptly and accurately.
- Attend and take meeting notes during project meetings.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Health Insurance (Wellmark BCBS)
- Dental Insurance with Vision Discount
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Growth Opportunities
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Schedule
- Fun Company Culture
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Marriott Owner Discount for Personal/Family Travel
- Safety Supplies Provided
- Paid Holidays and PTO
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of commercial construction experience preferred.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, strong organization, judgment, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in Procore, MS Office, MS Project, and Bluebeam for documentation, reporting, and scheduling.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client/consultant/internal relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.