Search for Jobs:
Project Coordinator - Commercial Construction Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Project Coordinator - Commercial Construction
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for a Project Coordinator to join our Corporate Des Moines office.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for document management, project accounting and project administration on assigned projects. This role will maintain open communication between office and field personnel to ensure all project tasks get accomplished in a timely and accurate manner.
What You’ll Do Every Day:
- Provide administrative support to the project team (i.e. data entry, filing, proofreading)
- Verify subcontractor contracts, subcontractor bonds and insurance requirements are in place with proper coverages prior to commencement of work; monitor expiration dates and renew as needed
- Manage and distribute contract status reports and other cost reports
- Obtain, review and process subcontractor and vendor payments
- File and distribute construction drawings
- Assist in preparation of owner pay applications; maintain related documentation
- Assist project team with pre-qualifications, contract execution, invoices, change orders and other requested documents
- Organize closeout information in conjunction with project team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Weitz Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Previous administrative work experience is strongly preferred, specifically within the construction industry. Experience with basic accounting, safety, and invoicing is desired.
- Desired Experience: Previous administrative work experience is strongly preferred, specifically within the construction industry. Experience with basic accounting, safety, and invoicing is desired.
- Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate project management, independent judgment, verbal and written communication, organization and good typing skills. They should also demonstrate strong attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility to coordinate multiple projects and proofreading abilities. General understanding of office basics is also required.
- Education: A high school diploma is required; a college degree is preferred.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook. Employee should have the ability to learn other specific software (JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta, etc.).
Minimal travel required.