Search for Jobs:
JMT Trucking Dispatcher Des Moines, IA
JMT Trucking Dispatcher
Des Moines, IA
$19 - $22 per hour based on experience
The Rasmussen Group is an Iowa-based company with over a century of heavy construction experience and expertise. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, The Rasmussen Group represents a variety of multi-faceted design-build heavy construction companies. With companies specializing in bridge construction, marine contracts, concrete and asphalt supply, paving, heavy hauling, dump trucks, crane operations, and fabricating steel, The Rasmussen Group can provide excellent, complete customer service with one phone call. Our companies ensures for an on-time, safe, professional build that will keep your project on budget and provide for its successful completion.
The Dispatcher/Order Taker position is responsible for receiving, assigning, scheduling, and communicating work orders to our drivers to ensure that operations and projects are completed in a timely manner. This position will work with the dispatching systems to maximize production, delivery efficiency, and service.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)·
- Receive, record, and dispatch orders to approved customers.·
- Operate the Command Data System and perform direct data entry with absolute accuracy.· Verify specification compliance of all dispatched orders.
- Closely monitor cycle times, weather, demand graphs, production, and delivery status, scheduled “will calls”, and related data; adjust assignments to insure production and delivery efficiency.· Communicate professionally and clearly with drivers, production supervisors, and clients to maximize service and production and delivery efficiency.
- Assist with assigning orders to plants and scheduling production to maximize delivery efficiency.
- Complete dispatching and delivery documentation and reports. Forward all orders and sales information as required.
- Coordinate delivery-drivers’ activities and trucking assignments in cooperation with the Production Manager and Production Specialist.
- Answer routine questions from customers concerning delivery, credit, invoicing, and accounts’ balances.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Highly competitive base pay.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance programs.
- Group retirement savings program.
- Health and wellness programs.
- Accrual based paid time off and holiday pay
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two+ years construction and/or dump truck/ready-mix experience highly preferred; but not required.
- Minimum one year dispatching experience a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.· Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Ability to understand, interpret, and use construction specifications and concrete mix designs.
- General knowledge of the properties, characteristics, and performance of concrete mixes, its components, additives, and raw materials.
- Ability to read, write, and accurately perform basic mathematical functions including adding, subtracting, multiplication and division.
- Ability to analyze issues independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess knowledge of Company policies and procedures, including safety.
- Must consistently produce and efficient, accurate work product.
- Hours for this role would be ranging from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Must be at least 18 years in age or older.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must pass post-offer employment drug testing, medical exams, and physical agilities testing.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and/or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit and use hands.
- Frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.