Search for Jobs:
Experienced Pipe Layer Ames, IA
Jet Drain & Excavating
Experienced Pipe Layer
Jet Drain & Excavating is a contracting company based out of Ames, IA. We specialize in water main, storm sewer, and sanitary sewer installations as well as excavation, directional drilling, water jetting, and other services.
Jet Drain & Excavating is looking for an experienced pipe layer with 3+ years of experience preferred. Most jobs are located within a 1 hour drive-time from the Des Moines metro area. Main office based in Ames. 90 day probationary period. Paid time off on Federal holidays and full insurance benefits after probationary period.
- Follow job site safety in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Lay sewer, water main and storm sewer on construction sites
- Set up and follow a pipe laser
- Shoot and calculate grade and elevation
- Lead and assist laborers
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Must report to work on time and be willing to work in various weather conditions.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/plans.
- General knowledge of main line pipe installation.
- A valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
- Communication skills in speaking English, reading English on a daily basis.
- Ability to utilize basic hand tools and read a tape measure.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ames, IA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Atleast 3 years of experience preferred, 2 years mandatory.
Valid driver's license is required.
Reliably commute to and from our shop in Ames, IA.