Search for Jobs:
Electrical Engineer Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for various levels of outstanding Electrical Engineers to be located out of our Des Moines, IA office.
The Electrical Engineer will work on a variety of projects and provide a very high level of technical leadership. They will represent the firm in all interactions with clients, employees, contractors, architects, and other project team members. The Electrical Engineer will have the authority to request change orders or revisions in the project scope.
What You'll Do Every Day:
- Review Project Data (Specifications, BOQ, Q&A,… & Drawings) and issue the relevant RFI’s in case of contradiction / missing data using BIM model if applicable.
- Prepare, submit, review and follow up on the Electrical shop drawing and As-built drawings to determine conformance with contract documents.
- Preparing the shop drawings for the non-modeled details.
- Study and prepare requests for information, follow up subcontractor’s progress.
- Knowledge of the NEC code.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals specification, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Study and Verify Engineering Site Instructions through the BIM models
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks.
- Attend meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed.
- Identify and resolve issues/conflicts as they arise.
- Maintain and develop customer relationships.
- Follow up on the project milestones achievement according to the time schedule set.
- Participate in resolving any technical issues that may arise.
- Analyses RFPs/RFIs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For:
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required
- Experience: 3-5+ years of design and construction experience, EIT desired but not required. Must be professional at the Revit tool, Navisworks
- Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate initiative, independent judgment, analytical and organizational skills. They should also show strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication, time management, flexibility and problem solving abilities.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Employee should be professional at Autodesk software programs (Revit AutoCAD and Navisworks) and the ability to learn other specific software (JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, scheduling software, etc.).
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.