Search for Jobs:
Industrial Project Engineer - Various Levels Cedar Rapids, IA
The Weitz Company
Industrial Project Engineer - Various Levels
Cedar Rapids, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
The Weitz Company is currently accepting applications for an outstanding Project Engineer to be located in Cedar Rapids, IA with our Industrial Business Unit.
The Project Engineer is responsible for several functions throughout the duration of assigned projects including planning, buyout, management and closeout. This role actively assists the project team in monitoring project status and identifying issues that may impact the project schedule and/or budget. The Project Engineer typically reports to the Project Manager.
What You'll Do Every Day:
- Organize, review, update, maintain and post construction documents and drawings
- Collaborate with project team to complete requests for information (RFI)
- Review submittals and other project documents for accuracy against plans and specifications
- Assist in preparing inspections, compliance audits and the non-conformance log
- Monitor material and equipment delivery status
- Maintain and distribute accurate project logs (i.e. buyouts, subcontractor material status reports, submittals, RFIs)
- Understand scopes of work to be included in subcontracts and/or purchase order agreements
- Track subcontractor requests for change; solicit pricing and draft change orders within delegated authority
- Understand and assist with project schedule management
- Attend regular project meetings; record and distribute meeting minutes
- Obtain closeout information; gather punch list items; prepare as-built drawings; assist with warranty process
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: An industry related bachelor's degree is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of construction project management experience is required. LEAN principles experience is desirable. OSHA 30 preferred, or the willingness to obtain upon hire.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook. Employee should have the ability to learn other specific software (JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, scheduling software, etc.).
- Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate initiative, independent judgment, project management and organizational skills. They should also show strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication, time management, flexibility and problem solving abilities.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.