Search for Jobs:
Custom Crafstman Ankeny, IA
RCS Millwork LC
$Varies with experience
RSC Millwork LC is a custom fabricator of architectural millwork for commercial and high end residential contractors. We can supply, finish and install anywhere in Iowa and the Midwest. Our curved molding specialists can make any shape, any profile, any radius. Corian & solid surface work is done by our craftsmen. Monumental teller lines and laminated casework are easy for our 45 craftman.
As a Custom Architectural Millwork Craftsman, you will be responsible for creating high-quality custom millwork pieces and components for architectural projects. You will work closely with project managers, other manufacturing teams, and drafting to bring designs to life, ensuring precise craftsmanship and attention to detail. This role requires a combination of technical expertise, artistic vision, and strong woodworking skills.
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Woodworking Expertise: Proficient in various woodworking techniques, including joinery, cabinetry, shaping and finishing.
- Technical Skills: Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and design specifications. Familiarity with woodworking tools, machinery, and techniques.
- Attention to Detail: Strong focus on precision and meticulous craftsmanship to ensure high-quality finished products.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues that may arise during the fabrication and installation process.
- Collaboration: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with drafting, and project management.
- Time Management: Efficiently manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Experience: Previous experience in custom architectural millwork, cabinetry, or related woodworking fields is preferred.
- Physical Stamina: Ability to work on your feet for extended periods, lift heavy materials, and operate woodworking machinery safely.
1. Education and Training: A high school diploma or equivalent is generally required. We would prefer, but not require, candidates with vocational or technical training in woodworking, cabinetry, or a related field. Completion of an apprenticeship program or certification in millwork or woodworking would also be valuable.
2. Woodworking Skills: Strong proficiency in various woodworking techniques, such as joinery, cabinetry, shaping, and finishing. Experience with both hand tools and woodworking machinery, including table saws, routers, planers, and sanders.
3. Blueprint Reading and Interpretation: Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, blueprints, and design specifications to accurately translate them into finished millwork products.
4. Attention to Detail: Meticulous craftsmanship and a keen eye for detail to ensure precise measurements, fit, and alignment of millwork elements.
5. Material Knowledge: Familiarity with different wood species, veneers, laminates, and other materials commonly used in architectural millwork. Understanding the characteristics and properties of various materials and their suitability for different applications.
6. Finishing Techniques: Proficiency in applying finishes, stains, paints, and other coatings to achieve the desired appearance and protect wood surfaces.
7. Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues that may arise during fabrication, installation, or repairs. Innovative problem-solving skills to find creative solutions while maintaining the project's integrity and design intent.
8. Communication and Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other teams. Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team to bring design visions to life.
9. Safety Awareness: Knowledge of safety protocols and best practices when working with woodworking tools, machinery, and hazardous materials. Adherence to safety regulations to maintain a safe working environment.