Search for Jobs:
Fire Protection Service Superintendent Des Moines, IA
J. F. Ahern Co.
Fire Protection Service Superintendent
Des Moines, IA
$Per National 669 Union Rates
Ahern is a mechanical and fire protection contractor specializing in HVAC, Plumbing, Building Controls, Sprinkler, Extinguisher & Alarm and Fabrication for construction and service projects. Founded in 1880, the company has over 1,300 employees servicing commercial and industrial customers across the United States. We partner on new construction or retrofit projects, service existing facilities, and provide prefabricated systems while reducing client risk on projects of all sizes.
Ahern's Core Purpose:
To create and maintain systems that save lives, improve the environment, and ensure personal comfort and well-being.
For additional Company information, please visit jfahern.com.
For information on starting a career with us, please visit aherncareers.com.
Want job alerts by email? Join Our Talent Network - https://www.jobs.net/jobs/jfahern/en-us/
How will you contribute?
As the Fire Protection Service Superintendent, you will ensure that all sprinkler service work is performed in accordance with the inspection and work order requirements. You are responsible for ensuring service work achieves an acceptable margin and high standards of service. You will spend approximately 80% of your time performing superintendent duties and the other 20% will be spent in the field completing Service work orders for manpower, including assisting the shop with proper tools and materials to safely and efficiently execute the work. You will ensure field teams are adhering to all safety policies. You will work closely with the service coordination team to define a workable schedule for the field to meet our customers’ needs.
How will you qualify?
Qualified candidates will need to be at the foreman/journeyman level. Candidates must have a clean driving record to operate company vehicles, be able to travel for the position, and pass an appropriate drug screen and physical. Successful candidates must be self-starters, able to lead and direct others, have a strong mechanical background, have a good working and learning attitude, and be able to work in a fast-paced service environment. Your employment relationship will be governed by a collective bargaining agreement.