Search for Jobs:
Payroll Assitant Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
The Weitz Company is seeking a Payroll Administrative Assistant to be located out of our Des Moines, IA Shared Services – Corporate office to support the Payroll Department.
The Payroll Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties including setting up of new hires and maintaining employment changes, ensuring payroll materials are stocked, distributing time entry reports, and providing other needed support to the payroll team.
What You'll Do Everyday:
- Compiles, accurately reviews, and distributes time entry reports
- Maintains a filing system that ensures easy and efficient retrieval of information; follows appropriate retention guidelines
- Scans and stores documents in electronic file system
- Monitors and orders payroll department’s supply of paper, checks, envelopes, and other materials
- Prepares mail and UPS packages on a weekly basis
- Ensures documents received from business unit and project staff is accurate
- Submits new hire information into payroll system with high attention to detail
- Gathers and summarizes data for reports, identifies solutions to various administrative issues and assembles material from files and records to complete special projects
- Interacts well and builds trust with internal and external stakeholders; understands and demonstrates a sense of teamwork and contributes to a supportive work environment to accomplish goals
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of all business, payroll and research matters
- Performs other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For:
- Education: High school diploma is required for this position.
- Experience: At least one year of experience in an administrative function. Prior timesheet experience is a plus.
- Skills: Interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports is also necessary. Candidate should also have the ability to take direction from a variety of different people, the forethought to know when to seek assistance, and adjust to new procedures and duties as needed. Frequent collaboration outside of one’s work group is required. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a high degree of tolerance for uncertainty, perform tasks without repeated instructions, work with limited supervision, and operate with a high level of accuracy.
- Technology: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is necessary, as are good typing, 10 key and general office skills. Basic experience with Adobe or Bluebeam, Outlook, and Box is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.