Search for Jobs:
Senior Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Associate Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Senior Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Associate
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for Senior Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Associate to be located out of our Des Moines, IA office.
The Senior DE&I Associate will closely collaborate with business units and departments across the United States to support and promote DE&I initiatives and community outreach programs. This role will partner with leadership to establish companywide strategic direction, goals and programming, while collaborating with local business units to deploy efforts. Experience with Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE), diverse businesses and youth and workforce development programs is key to success in this role. Moderate air travel will be required.
What You’ll Do Every Day:
- Identify opportunities to increase overall spend with diverse business partners by sourcing workforce planning information, developing specific pursuit outreach, researching local social and economic issues, etc.
- Partner with local business units to promote the company through diverse business pipeline growth, to include development of outreach plans, identifying local strategic outreach events, maintaining relationships with diverse businesses, reporting on outreach success and removing any barriers to success through internal change
- Develop and implement a companywide DE&I and community outreach program(s); modify to client expectations as necessary
- Partner with Human Resources, Learning & Development, Marketing and Business Development teams on items such as: diverse recruiting efforts, inclusivity within policies and communications, enhanced training programs, custom content for proposals and compliance reporting requirements
- Develop and implement educational programs to support M/WBE and diverse business growth
- Serve as DE&I committee champion; provide status updates, guidance and areas for enhancement
- Initiate and foster relationships with community and diverse business leaders
- Promote and coordinate employee involvement in community and citizenship initiatives
- Perform other special projects as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Desired Experience: A minimum of five (5) cumulative years of community outreach and DE&I experience is required; architecture, construction or engineering field experience is a plus. Proven experience increasing supplier diversity is essential in this role.
- Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate initiative, independent judgment, interpersonal, prioritization and analytical skills. They should also exhibit strong verbal and written communication, business acumen, project management, research and negotiation abilities with the flexibility to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook. Employee should have the ability to build presentation and learn other specific software as needed (i.e. customer relationship management software, company intranet).
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Weitz Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.