Search for Jobs:
IT Business Analyst - Front Office Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
IT Business Analyst - Front Office
Des Moines, IA
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
Our Company views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that inspires, motivates, and continuously improves. Community involvement, employee empowerment, and strong relationships makes The Weitz Company a great place to work.
We are seeking an IT Business Analyst to work on our Front Office Team in our Des Moines, IA Corporate office.
The Front Office Team supports the software used by our construction, preconstruction and business development teams. This role will apply understanding of business processes, data and application-related systems to ensure effective system usage and seamless integration across platforms, while also assisting with advanced support requests. Experience with analyzing business data, writing reports and computer programming is helpful.
What You’ll Do Every Day:
- Provide advanced technical support for escalated issues; collaborate with partners, vendors and team members to resolve issues if necessary
- Understand business processes and assigned systems (purpose, available features, interaction with other systems, etc.)
- Collect, evaluate and prioritize business enhancement requests; identify process improvement areas
- Create, or assist with, project management and business analysis documents (e.g. project plan, schedule, tasks, business requirements) as part of the project team
- Create and maintain process documentation, to include: hardware, software, licensing, configuration, vendor contacts, procedures, changes, disaster recovery planning and other related items
- Maintain confidentiality; be attentive of social networking pitfalls where confidentiality could be leaked
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Some Business travel may be required
- Minimal after-hours work may be required
What We’re Looking For:
- Desired Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an IT related field is required. Experience in a fast-paced business environment and exposure to LEAN principles is desirable.
- Skills: Organization, business acumen, time management, problem solving, effective communication, attention to detail, initiative, discretion with sensitive and confidential information, adaptability, and prioritization abilities are all necessary skills for this role.
- Education: An Associates’ Degree in an IT related field is preferred. A combination of technical training and certifications may be considered.
- Technology: Proficiency with operating systems and basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Employee must have the ability to learn other specific software.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Weitz Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable. Click here to review our Privacy Notice.