Search for Jobs:
Mechanic grimes, IA
Renda Electric is a full service Electrical Contractor. We perform commercial, industrial, and residential electrical work. We also offer other services including updating, remodeling, build outs, systems wiring, low voltage/voice data, camera and alarm systems. We also offer routine service work.
Renda Electric is committed to bringing each customer the best value; highest quality work at the most affordable prices. We are committed to competitive pricing because we want to be your electrician for all of your electrical needs, no matter the size of the job.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Equipment Mechanic.
Must be able to:
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in equipment and repair
- Consult with equipment manufacturers as needed to assist with repairing of equipment
- Be able to work on all systems; including but not limited to brake, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, diesel systems
- Performs routine maintenance and adjustments (check fluid levels; replace hoses, belts, filters as needed, lubricate) on mechanical pieces of equipment according to a predetermined maintenance schedule
- Consult with the Foreman and Operations Manager on bringing equipment into the shop for repairs and maintenance
- When feasible test all equipment prior to sending it back out into the field to ensure it is in proper working order and it complies with the manufacturer’s specifications
- Perform safety and compliance inspections
- Maintain complete service records on applicable equipment via the Company’s Fleet Management software system
- Perform incidental welding as required
- Prepare work orders and cost estimates on all projects that will require the Owner’s permission prior to repairing
- Communicate diagnoses to shop management to develop a repair plan and parts acquisition as needed.
- Make field service calls as required and send field service reports to management via email after completion
- Keep work area, tools and shop equipment clean, organized and in good working condition
- Prepare all necessary equipment for CDL testing inspection
- Assist in picking up and/or delivering vehicles and equipment to the shop
- Assist the other shop mechanics as required
- A desire to learn with a solid foundation of knowledge and experience
- Independent Motivation
- Strong Communication Skills
WHY JOIN COMMUNICATION DATA LINK?
1. Solid foundation to promote growth opportunities for entire company
2. Excellent facilities to work in
3. Get to work on a variety of different equipment; mini excavators, bore machines, trucks and trailers
Communication Data Link is a Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and others to apply. Communication Data Link is a drug free workplace.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In Person