Search for Jobs:
Ready Mix Driver Iowa City, IA
Hawkeye Ready Mix, Inc.
Ready Mix Driver
Iowa City, IA
Hawkeye Ready Mix Inc is a ready mix concrete producer serving primarily Linn and Johnson County. We also produce miscellaneous precast items, sills, curbs, bunker and retaining wall blocks, etc.
- Safely loads and promptly delivers ready-mixed concrete to job sites as dispatched while maintaining positive customer and public relations.
- Effectively operates ready-mixed concrete truck by consistently following safety standards, delivery instructions and roadway signs for best routes to job sites.
- Performs related loading and unloading operations with ready-mixed concrete delivery truck in an efficient safe manner.
- Works outdoors under varied weather conditions and hours (Monday through Saturday possible during construction season) as weather and business conditions may require.
- Performs regular maintenance and cleaning inside of concrete drum as required.
- Follows order and delivery instructions received from dispatchers regarding concrete mix, delivery address and conditions.
- Prepares truck for delivery and delivers product to job sites following USDOT and IDOT regulations. Rinses chutes and rear of truck free of spilled concrete and returns truck to batch plant following EPA and IDNR regulations. Assists in concrete block molds and production.
- Treats job site personnel with a customer-friendly attitude. Addresses concerns in a diplomatic manner. Communicates customer needs back to batch plant in a respectful manner.
- Performs pre-trip vehicle safety inspection and reports findings to dispatcher at beginning and end of each shift. Keeps inside of cab clean and sanitary. Performs cleaning and routine maintenance of truck.
- Performs other functions and duties as required or directed.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) match and profit sharing
- Safety bonus
- Hours worked bonus
- Christmas bonus
- Overtime after 8 hours
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Birthday holiday
CDL license with good driving record to maintain insurability. Must be knowledgeable about and follow all relevant USDOT, IDOT, environmental, and traffic laws. Must have appropriate heavy truck drivers training and understand the specific operating functions and controls for a ready-mixed concrete truck. Must have English language reading and writing abilities in order to understand written safety guidelines, job orders and performance standards. Must have good vision and ability to recognize differences in product mix. Must be dependable, well organized, safety minded, and have efficient work habits. Must be able to pass DOT medical examination.
Local driving only