Search for Jobs:
Safety Coordinator Sioux City, IA
Thompson Solutions Group
Sioux City, IA
$55,000 - $85,000 DOQ
Thompson Solutions Group was formed with the merger between Thompson and Interstates Mechanical Corp. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD, Sioux City, IA, and Omaha, NE, Thompson Solutions Group provides services in the following industries: electrical construction and service, HVAC, plumbing, metal specialties, low voltage systems, automation & robotics, managed IT and software, and electrical safety and training.
Thompson Solutions Group is a forward-thinking, innovative leader in the industry and we utilize technology in every aspect of our business, from job sites to project management. The Safety Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Safety & Risk Manager to support and promote a strong safety culture throughout the organization. Primary duties will include injury prevention through hazard identification and mitigation.
In this role, you will
- Conduct regular job site inspections and safety walk-throughs to inspect and analyze safety risks and ensure employee compliance with safety standards; interact frequently with employees to provide instruction on safety matters and to resolve safety issues.
- Interact with general contractors and owners on safety-related matters on job sites and represent the company in job site safety meetings.
- Assists/coordinates safety training and awareness activities to ensure effective training; provides guidance and information regarding requirements and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with safety policies, regulations, and reporting through interaction with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Reviews accident/injury reports for accuracy and detail, conducts investigations and ensures that corrective action has been taken. Maintain accurate documentation of safety procedures, accidents, and related events.
- Conduct analysis of vehicle safety data collected from software and put into a useable format for review.
Thompson Solutions Group is an EEO employer.
All new hires are required to complete a pre-employment drug screen with a negative result.
Thompson Solutions Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Medical Insurance with two plans to choose from
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Short and Long-term disability palns
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid volunteer time and company sponsored community voluteering
- Gym reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A strong background in safety, usually obtained through a course of study resulting in a bachelor’s degree in safety or a technical or engineering field and significant work experience in safety in construction at large-scale construction sites/project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers engaged in diverse activities at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills for directing, coaching, teaching, and assisting team members.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, including OSHA, ANSI and NFPA. Completion of OSHA 500 course and OSHA 10 and 30 hour construction safety courses preferred.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to implement new processes and motivate others.
- Able to walk job sites in various weather conditions and tolerate exposure to a variety of environmental conditions present on jobs.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to jobsites and other locations.
Travel among locations and job sites regularly. Overnight travel is minimal.