Search for Jobs:
Estimator/Project Assistant Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
$60,000 - 65,000
Founded in 2012 on the basis of a team and facility with over 50 years experience, PDM is a Midwest-based producer of structural prestressed, precast concrete, structural and miscellaneous steel products. With more than 60 years combined experience in the construction, manufacturing, and precast concrete industries, our team has the skills and expertise to help make your next project a success.
In 2019 PDM became a 100% employee-owned company. We believe that being an employee owned company is an outstanding benefit for our clients, employees and the community as a whole.
Job Overview: Produce job files as quickly and accurately as possible after a job has been awarded to PDM.
Areas of Accountability:
- Desmonstrate honest and ethical behavior in all business transactions.
- Be proactive with daily activities and schedules and willing to perform the actions necessary to complete them.
- Be respectful of PDM teammates and support teamwork amongst coworkers.
- Embrace and drive change.
- Represent the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Carefully do take-offs and prepare bids on bid or negotiated projects.
- Be responsible for obtaining and executing contracts or purchase orders.
- Prepare a clear and complete proposal for contractors on all projects where the quoted prices will be the basis for a contract.
- Prepare preliminary estimates as requested by customers and be clear and specific on what is being estimated at the time the estimate is being given to the customer.
- Follow-up on projects quoted to determine whether or when the project is to be produced by PDM. Attempt to obtain bids of competitors whenever possible.
- Obtain all necessary information about a job before we start the drawing process. (drawings, submittal date, delivery dates, etc.)
- Maintain the estimating programs.
- Continually update material, labor and freight costs.
- Assist project managers/coordinators with accurate prices for change orders.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings to share all known information about a job (finishes, delivery dates, special requirments, etc.)
- ESOP Company!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Matching 401K
- Much more!
Experience: Two years in estimating for the construction industry.
Education: Associate Degree or better.
Knowledge and Skills: The ability to read and understand blueprints. Computer competency in Word, Excel and other basic programs. AutoCad experience is a plus, but not required.
Minimal to no travel.