Search for Jobs:
Utility Operator Des Moines, IA
Price Industrial Electric Inc.
Des Moines, IA
Price Industrial Electric is an Electrical Contractor that specializes in Residential, 24-Hour Emergency Service, Industrial, Commercial, Low Voltage and Utility services.
For over two decades, we have provided prompt and professional service to eliminate complications for our customers. We’re problem solvers. Our highly trained staff does whatever it takes to make our customer happy.
We go a step further. We treat our employees like family and believe that many of our employees and customers have remained with Price Electric for over two decades because of it.
$2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS to skilled, organized and team-focused Utility Operator who is hired for PRICE ELECTRIC's underground utility group in Central Iowa/Des Moines area.
Utility Operator primary responsibilities include:
- Understanding plans, specs and expectations and using informational apps for each project or jobsite
- Planning accurate, well organized setup including assessing bore rig set up, down-hole tooling and fluid mixing
- Proficiently locating for a driller using locating equipment (e.g., DCI)
- Proficiently drilling with HDD equipment (e.g., Ditch Witch, Vermeer)
- Operating and maintaining various equipment and tooling such as skid loader, excavator, backhoe, plows, vacuum potholing, etc.
- Adhering to the Company’s Safety Program including job hazard analysis and PPE utilization
- Utilizing problem solving skills to manage potential hazards and setbacks
- Setting up and maintaining traffic control
- Communicating effectively with team and leaders (e.g., clear plans, logs)
- Keeping job site, trucks and equipment clean and organized
- Completing installations of all sizes and types with high quality and production standards
- 2+ years of experience as a HDD Locator and/or Drill Operator
- Ability to observe visual and auditory signals during vehicle operation
- Valid Class A CDL or agreement to obtain one within introductory period
- Class A CDL is highly preferred and is reflected well in starting pay
- Ability to regularly lift 50+ lbs., stand, walk, climb, squat, kneel, sit, use feet, and use hands for frequent grasping, pushing and pulling
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Work long hours and/or weekend hours as needed during periods of high demand
- Maintain safe driving habits and clean driving record.
Full time employees enjoy:
- Competitive Wages Paid Weekly
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, including
- Company-Paid Employee Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Elective Medical, Dental, Voluntary Life and Accident Insurance Options with Top Carriers
- Health Savings Account Contributions when Enrolled in PRICE ELECTRIC's Medical Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401K with 50% Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Clothing
- Discounted Tool Purchase Program
- Reimbursements on Safety Boots and Prescription Glasses
- Frequent Social Gatherings including Bags Nights, Meals, and Golf Outings
Any offer is contingent upon successfully passing a drug test and background screening.
PRICE ELECTRIC takes affirmative actions to ensure equal employment opportunities.