Search for Jobs:
Construction Project Manager Des Moines, IA
SHYFT - Plan | Design | Build
Construction Project Manager
Des Moines, IA
When your organization experiences changing real estate needs, SHYFT is what you need all under one roof. Our transparent, collaborative approach creates a uniquely empowering experience, whether you need owner’s rep services or comprehensive planning, design, and/or building solutions. Our partners trust and lean on us to help make the tough decisions easier, based on thorough market research, financial modeling, and the knowledgeable support of a diverse team of experts. Once you make the decision to change your space, we are there to lead you through all the decisions that follow.
Our purpose is to help individuals and organizations with real estate change. Our vision is to change the way projects are delivered through design-led construction. SHYFT offers traditional services through an Integrated Project Delivery model we believe allows clients to better achieve their “Why”. We’ve built a creative problem-solving culture where each team member goes beyond their traditional practice to influence projects from beginning to end. Our goal is to create: A BETTER WAY TO A BETTER SPACE.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts, and project managers/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective that allows our team to create custom solutions for our clients.
SHYFT Collective is searching for a qualified Construction Project Manager to assist our clients on projects of all sizes varying in their level of complexity. In addition to traditional experience, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate at all levels of our services to best showcase our preferred project delivery methods. These opportunities include working directly with the leadership team and firm members in all disciplines, supplemented by client and consultant interaction through focused project work, both in and out of the office.
- Daily onsite project management, assisting the superintendent (PS) and construction manager (CM)
- Preconstruction, and construction management on commercial and multifamily project initiatives
- Oversee activities of vendors, subcontractors, and design professionals as required
- Review drawings and specifications and assist in constructability reviews
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and project documentation (meeting agendas, meeting minutes, Change Logs, RFI Logs, Submittal Logs, ASI Logs, and weekly project reports)
- Develop and perform internal controls for the team assigned to a project
- Assist with the preparation, development, and solicitation of bid packages
- Assist the CM in completing project buyout in a timely manner
- Assist the CM and PS with the creation and updating of project schedules
- Assist the PS with daily construction observation, inclusive of quality assurance and control
- Prepare agendas for and record, compile and distribute OAC meeting minutes
- Prepare formal project close-out documentation, inclusive of pre-punch and formal punch list walks
- Track and compile warranty documents and distribute warranty manual information to the developer (or owner)
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting and exceeding client expectations in a timely and cost-effective manner
You are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
For this position, we offer a flexible work culture, annual salary, multiple bonus opportunities, and a competitive benefits package.
A few benefit highlights include:
- Paid holidays (Total of Nine days - New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving/Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Christmas)
- Paid personal time - Three weeks/year with the ability to gain additional PTO
- Annual membership dues for AIA and other professional registrations, as applicable
- Flexible technology, including hardware and software programs required to do your best work
- Company-provided parking
- Ultimate Flexible work schedule with work/life blend
- Competitive healthcare or a stipend option ($140/month for those who do not use SHYFT-provided plans)
To qualify at the Construction Project Manager level:
- 3-7 years of demonstrated experience successfully working on construction, real estate, or capital projects. Estimating experience is a plus.
- Experience in residential multi-family construction is preferred
- PE, PMP, or other industry professional designation (LEED, etc.) encouraged
- Strong familiarity with site plans, architectural and engineering drawings, contract administration/management, RFP process, project planning, and project tracking/reporting concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all stakeholders (Clients, customers, vendors, contractors, partners, team members, etc.) creating a win-win in project delivery.
- Fundamental comprehension of construction, design, procurement practices, delivery methods, and contract negotiation.
- On-site trade contractor management experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team / agile environment, as well as independently when required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Degree from an accredited institution, with a preference towards Construction Management, Engineering, or Real Estate.
Individuals should be open to flexible work hours, work environments, and potential local or regional travel as needed on a project-by-project basis.