Search for Jobs:
Senior Construction Manager Des Moines, IA
SHYFT - Plan | Design | Build
Senior Construction Manager
Des Moines, IA
When your organization experiences changing real estate needs, SHYFT is what you need all under one roof. Our transparent, collaborative approach creates a uniquely empowering experience, whether you need owner’s rep services or comprehensive planning, design, and/or building solutions. Our partners trust and lean on us to help make the tough decisions easier, based on thorough market research, financial modeling, and the knowledgeable support of a diverse team of experts. Once you make the decision to change your space, we are there to lead you through all the decisions that follow.
About the job
Our purpose is to help individuals and organizations with real estate change. Our vision is to change the way projects are delivered through design-led construction. SHYFT offers traditional services through an Integrated Project Delivery model we believe allows clients to better achieve their “Why”. We’ve built a creative problem-solving culture where each team member goes beyond their traditional practice to influence projects from beginning to end. Our goal is to create: A BETTER WAY TO A BETTER SPACE.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts, and project managers/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective that allows our team to create custom solutions for our clients.
SHYFT is searching for a Senior Construction Manager to join our construction team in our Des Moines, Iowa office.
- Design, preconstruction, and construction management on commercial construction project initiatives acting on behalf of the owner, coordinating the design and construction team members.
- Responsible for executive-level project oversight including responsibility for scope, schedule, budget, quality, communications, procurements, team building, and risk management.
- Communication responsibilities include documentation of project decisions and correspondence, conducting project meetings, and preparation of project status reports.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring project schedules and budgets.
- Oversee activities of vendors, subcontractors, and design professionals.
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and project documentation.
- Prepare Owner and vendor/subcontractor contract documentation and formal project close-out documentation.
- Develop and perform internal controls for the team assigned to a project.
- Prepare, develop, and solicit bid packages.
- Provide oversight and monitoring to less experienced team members.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring project schedules and project budgets.
- Engage in company business development initiatives in the Iowa market and other locations as assigned.
For this position, we offer a flexible work culture, annual salary, multiple bonus opportunities, and a competitive benefits package. A few benefit highlights include:
- Paid holidays (Total of Nine days - New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving/Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Christmas)
- Paid personal time - Three weeks/year with the ability to gain additional PTO
- Annual membership dues for AIA and other professional registrations, as applicable
- Flexible technology, including hardware and software programs required to do your best work
- Company-provided parking
- Ultimate Flexible work schedule with work/life blend
- Competitive healthcare or a stipend option ($140/month for those who do not use SHYFT-provided plans)
- Minimum 10 years of construction project management experience
- Currently located in central Iowa
- The minimum level of education equivalent to a BA/BS degree
We encourage qualified candidates to submit by email a resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.