Search for Jobs:
Mechanical Engineering Manager Cedar Rapids, IA
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Cedar Rapids, IA
Quality work for over 75 years.
Modern is a regional commercial and industrial Mechanical Contractor who is able to provide a one-stop source for plumbing, piping, HVACR service, CAD/BIM, and pre-fabrication project solutions. Our geographic area of focus is the I-35 corridor, Duluth, MN to Dallas, TX. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA Modern has a strong presence in the East Half of Iowa. For more information please visit our website.
*Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org*
Modern is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to work within our design-build project delivery team. This full-time position provides mechanical related design coordination and management to support the delivery of various commercial and industrial design-build projects to our current and future customers. This includes managing activities related to HVAC design, plumbing design, project schedules, communicating with other engineers/trades as well as a current understanding of mechanical and plumbing codes and standards.
The Mechanical Engineering Manager is responsible for a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring expectations are clearly communicated – both internally and externally. The successful candidate will also contribute to a dynamic team environment by being proactive, communicating clearly, and establishing a highly collaborative working environment. This person will also actively support the design-build market for the company and meet with prospective and current customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Interpret, organize and coordinate design engineering assignments for a variety of commercial and industrial project scopes.
· Preparation of engineering documents/blueprints and specifications to meet desired scope of work and to ensure application of mechanical design principles.
· Determine client/customer project requirements and assist in development of project solution.
· Serves as technical support for internal engineering tasks and coordinates technical efforts within departments.
· Able to effectively communicate with the project team, an understanding of Architectural, Electrical, Civil and Structural Engineering and trade practices.
· Consult with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions and scheduling of construction activities.
· Attend regular onsite/offsite design and/or construction meetings.
· Ability to analyze different construction methods or approaches to keep mechanical projects within client’s budget limitations (Value Engineering)
· Responsible for the management of the engineering team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Working knowledge of Basic AutoCAD, Autodesk, Revit, Navisworks, Excel
· Load calculation/energy modeling experience preferred.
· Knowledge of engineering science and technology applications.
· Understanding of International Mechanical Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, and ASHRAE Standards.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills, both professional and interpersonal.
· Understanding of API 650, ASME Section VIII, Div. 1 pressure vessel design, repairs, and alterations desirable, but not required.
Work Environment Considerations
· Must be available and willing to work flexible hours and occasional overtime.
· Must be familiar with job site safety requirements and be prepared to wear a hardhat, work boots, and goggles at potentially hazardous job sites
· Most time will be in the office, but some trips to job sites and customer locations are required
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s or technical Degree in Engineering. Emphasis in HVAC or construction preferred.
· P.E. licensed preferred, but not required.
At Modern, we understand that every employee is different in his or her own way. We support and thrive off those differences. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, military status, or other non-merit factors. Modern is a proud Equal Opportunity workplace and Affirmative Action employer.