Search for Jobs:
Shop Coordinator Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Elder Corporation is a proven leader in residential and commercial site development. From massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects, to heavy duty demolition work, thousands of Midwest customers have trusted us to be their site development partner for over 60 years. We deliver professional, innovative, and reliable service, matched with competitive pricing. In short, we get the job done right, on time and on budget.
Headquartered in Des Moines, IA, Elder Corporation offers a casual dress code, full benefits, competitive compensation package, and an innovative atmosphere. We are a large company with a small company, family-friendly feel, and are always encouraging new ideas.
The Shop Coordinator is responsible for support of the Elder Corporation shop including permitting, licensing and tracking of all equipment and vehicles; fuel, oil and filter inventory, and accounts payable/accounting responsibilities.
- Assist with permitting and licensing of all equipment/vehicles
- Keep vehicle binders including insurance information, accident kits and fuel cards up to date
- Automation and entry of equipment and vehicles in Timberline, E360 and Fuel Island
- Enter and track equipment rentals in appropriate systems
- Monitor, project, order and update fuel, oil and filter inventory
- Process fuel import and manage bad meter report daily
- Maintain Wright Express data and fuel cards
- Assist with payroll hours input and reconciliation
- Receive and distribute all deliveries
- Assist with PPE & shop clothing orders and delivery
- Order miscellaneous shop supplies
- Fuel Master program user maintenance
- Create and maintain vendor relationships for maintenance history updates
- Assist with accounts payable function including invoice entry
- Complete statement reconciliation and miscellaneous financial reports
- General administrative support for shop leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent preferred
- One-year related experience or equivalent preferred
- Ability to perform diversified clerical functions and basic accounting procedures
- Proficient in MS office products, with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with Timberline, E360, Heavy Job, Adobe Pro, P-Vault and Fuel Master preferred
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions
- Strong organizational, problem -solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constant changing priorities
What Elder Corporation offers You
- Medical – PPO or HDHP
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account/ Health Savings Account
- Long-Term/Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, pre-employment physical, and a background check.
Please visit our website www.eldercorp.com for further information.
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.