Search for Jobs:
Receptionist/Payroll Assistant Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Elder Corporation is a proven leader in residential and commercial site development. From massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects, to heavy duty demolition work, thousands of Midwest customers have trusted us to be their site development partner for over 60 years. We deliver professional, innovative, and reliable service, matched with competitive pricing. In short, we get the job done right, on time and on budget.
Headquartered in Des Moines, IA, Elder Corporation offers a casual dress code, full benefits, competitive compensation package, and an innovative atmosphere. We are a large company with a small company, family-friendly feel, and are always encouraging new ideas.
Elder Corporation is currently accepting applications for a Receptionist/Payroll Assistant.
The Receptionist/Payroll Assistant will greet, and provide direction and information to clients, visitors, and other guests of the organization. Additional duties include entering and balancing time for payroll processing, helping process invoices, and organizing electronic documents.
- Greets clients, visitors, and guests; determines the purpose of each person’s visit and directs or escorts him or her to the appropriate location.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff.
- Collect, enter and balance payroll time into system for processing.
- Assists in entering truck time and sub-trucker time/invoices into system.
- Keeps inventory of office supplies and order if items are needed.
- Receives mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items.
- Helps with accounts payable duties as needed.
- Performs administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Completes basic filing and recordkeeping.
- Assists with other duties as requested.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Medical – PPO or HDHP
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Savings Account
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, pre-employment physical, and a background check.
Please visit our website www.eldercorp.com for further information.
Elder Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.