Search for Jobs:
General Laborer Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: General Laborer
Salary Range: Union Scale plus health, vision, dental insurance, pension plan and other benefits
Elder Corporation is a family-owned business and values long-term employee relationships. We specialize in massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects to heavy duty demolition work, and are trusted by thousands of Midwest customers to be their site development partner. Although we require experienced applicants for some positions, we are always looking for employees who are willing to be flexible and learn new skills.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in excavation construction projects
- Operate numerous types of small equipment including generators, cut-saws, laser sights etc.
- Shovel rock, dirt or sand
- Conducts flagger and spotter operations
- Checks grade
- Maintains a clean and hazard free job site
- Follow job site safety
- Must be dependable and willing to report to work on time
- Must be able to work extended hours during the construction season
- Must be willing to learn new skills, specific to the industry
- Experience with utility installation
- Experience with concrete structures & flatwork
- Experience with finish grading
Training will be provided upon hire.
All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical and a background check.
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.