Search for Jobs:
Project Scheduler / Cost Controller Ankeny, IA
Project Scheduler / Cost Controller
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
Work closely with Industrial Project Team to understand requirements of projects. Develop and maintain plan to execute successfully on project by utilizing project controls. Create and utilize necessary tools to track and evaluate project success. Develop and maintain project schedule, monitor and track field labor productivity, and assist in cost forecasting. Provide planning, scheduling, cost control and other project control functions. Develop achievable project schedules based on resource availability and constraints.
Directly support multiple projects by proactively implementing processes and methodologies related to planning, scheduling, cost control, estimating, risk assessment, schedule performance, and resource requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the application of scheduling logic, constraints, lag/lead relationships, float management, to apply critical path scheduling methodology.
- Integrate project planning, project cost control, scheduling theories and practices, which includes assessment of critical paths, resource loaded scheduling, and earned value analysis to evaluate project progress.
- Collect, consolidate, produce, and incorporate all required costs, schedule, progress and performance data into reports, ensuring it is current and accurate.
- Research and evaluate data and objectively develop alternatives to complex processes and situations.
- Assess changes to schedules, cost, and resources to determine possible impacts on project durations and budgets. Report potential problems and recommend solutions to project management.
- Analyze project requirements and offer creative solutions along with standard techniques that allow management to regain control or minimize impact on schedule and financial goals.
- Act as an administrator of Primavera P6 as needed.
- Capacity to understand estimating procedures and ability to breakdown estimate into durations, hours, and activities.
- Monitor resource needs by utilizing resource schedules within scheduling software. Ability to track man days and effectively communicate productivity and project schedule deadlines.
- Assist in developing what if scenario schedules to understand optimal solutions for project success.
- Ability to integrate logic of multiple discipline schedules into a level three master schedule
- Identify Trends of key performance indicators required by project to provide cost and completion forecast.
- Strong computer and business software skills required, ability to utilize excel and graph formation.
- Read and understand construction documents to understand and develop project controls necessary to deliver successful project completion.
- Assist project manager in reporting cost forecast, updating owner and project team as necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to project team on key performance indicators.
- Development of work breakdown structures to be utilized in the scheduling, cost breakdown, and field install process.
- Proactively communicate with owners, team members, and field staff as needed on scheduling status.
- Develop presentations to communicate project status to higher level team members and owners, as needed.
- Review subcontractor schedules, provide feedback to project team members as needed
- Participate in developing RFP schedules during bid phases of project.
- Understand project scheduling need and develop schedule based on need, i.e. detailed hourly shutdown schedules, basic activity schedules, cost loaded schedules, resource loaded schedule
- Continual commitment of education to remain abreast of latest technological methods, software, and other tools necessary to successful achieve the objective of the position.
- Attend on site meetings when necessary.
At any given time, may be exposed to:
• Normal office conditions
• Exposure to weather, heat, cold
• Wet &/or humid
• Exposure to dust/fumes
• Noise intensity – Loud
• Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals
• In proximity to moving mechanical parts
• Exposure to electrical shock
• Working in high/exposed places
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS:
- Tape measure
- PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots, Hi-Vis vest)
- Clothing: jeans, appropriate office shirt
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
To see other positions, click here.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent through experience (typically six years of related progressive work experience)
• Extensive practical experience with MS Office application (Excel, Word, Access, Project) Primavera Project P6.
• Strong working knowledge of scheduling techniques and industry scheduling standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid driver’s license
Must have good driving record.
A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.
MENTAL & PHYSICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Knowledge of contract language
• Project Management skills as well as personal management skills
• Accounting software knowledge
• Advanced computer software skills
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Problem solving capability
• Able to multi-task and manage time effectively
• Moderately exposed to unusual elements and may require moderate physical activity
• Must be flexible
• Must have construction knowledge
• Periodic travel is required as well as ability to work extended hours when necessary.