Search for Jobs:
Project Coordinator Ankeny, IA
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
This position will be the face of the Cedar Rapids office by greeting visitors in person or via telephone while maintaining the daily operation of the office. You will also work closely with the operations side of the business and Project Managers as an administrative assistant performing project related work as required to assure an organized project that stays on schedule and budget.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Office Administrator and Assistant
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Greet and direct all visitors/customers/applicants promptly
- Mail: open and deliver daily as well as send outgoing mail
- Monitor supply room and order as needed
- Maintain break room
- Organize and maintain the Managers Outlook Calendar
- Coordinate conference room schedules and order lunches when necessary
- Schedule meetings, take minutes and distribute to invitees
- Create Spreadsheets to organize, track and compare data
- Put together proposals, scope letters, RFPs and other correspondence
- Work within Microsoft Suite - Excel, Word, and Outlook extensively.
- Proficient with BlueBeam – PDF reader
- Drawing management including markups, take offs, overlays
- PDF document management
- Project Managers - Assist as needed in various duties, including
- Drawings – download and print plans. Keep drawings current by posting RFI, ASI, PR CCD…etc., to all jobs as approved changes are received.
- Weekly job meetings - Schedule meetings and make sure they are being held with the correct people invited. Record minutes and distribute to all invitees, update and print new schedules
- Submittal log: create Submittals to be sent to engineer for approval, update project files as submittals are processed. When approved forward to vendor with shipping information. Keep an updated log.
- Purchase activities - requesting and receiving quotes from suppliers, track to make sure complete. Issue LPO or FPO for job materials.
- Start Up manuals – prefill startup record sheets and organize with O&M info for startup tech to complete
- O&M manuals - Create and distribute. Request information from vendors and follow up to make sure information is received and log in computer when completed. Create O & M electronically. Print as needed. Reading spec books for needed information.
- Schedule Owner Training and job review when job completed.
- Assisting PM's in organizing offices - bag drawings, labeling and putting in storage, filing, clearing off desks. Multiple other duties as assigned.
- Bid Process – create bid job folder and obtain plans for project. Print drawings. Send vendor quote request and track replies. Prepare bid documents and request bond.
- Project Set Up – create electronic files and customize to project, set up kick off & pre-con meetings
- Permits - Make sure permits are pulled on all jobs, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, ROW or whatever is needed. Fill out forms, get check, take to permit center as needed. Distribute copies to all involved, record on permit log and file original permit in drawer.
- Create Site Specific Safety Manuals.
- Cross train with other coordinators
- Work with Microsoft tools - Excel, Word, and Outlook extensively
- Proficient with BlueBeam - PDF reader
- Plotters, printers and scanners
- Telephone system
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
To see other positions, click here.
Minimum Education & Experience required to perform essential functions
- High School Education or equivalent
Mental and Physical Competencies required to perform essential functions:
- Good verbal and written communication
- Multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Attention to details, accuracy is vital
- Self-motivated and driven while being a team player
- Good understanding of your roles and responsibilities
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on occasion