Search for Jobs:
Industrial Systems Engineer Ankeny, IA
Industrial Systems Engineer
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
The Systems Engineer-Automation will work with the engineering and leadership teams to assist with the direction of strategic initiatives that improve delivery and quality, as well as reducing costs. Maintain and grow the “Client for Life” concept for existing and new clients. Performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provide sales support as needed to assist project manager / sales to obtain more work. Assists in customer demos, estimating work, product application information and creation of proposals
- Ensures employee satisfaction by continual coordination and communication
- Responsible for executing scope and pointing out opportunities for items above and beyond contracted scope of work
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to contract terms and conditions
- Designing and developing distributed control systems (DCS) including PLC/HMI/SCADA programs, product selection for bill of material (BOM) based on customer specifications, creating sequence of operations (SOO), and creating Engineering Drawings in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Produce engineering and project control submittals utilizing Baker Group’s standard engineering software, select Baker Group’s standard parts when applicable, and producing control submittal with necessary information as per Baker Group’s standard control submittal format
- Collaborate with engineering team to review product standards, control submittal formats, and any other items as necessary related to engineering control systems
- Partner with engineering team and field electricians / technicians to continually improve our engineering process, accuracy, and quality.
- Work with project managers, engineering team and mechanical design engineers to develop sequence of operations for equipment.
- Re-estimate projects based upon engineered control submittals.
- Provide as built documentation for operation and maintenance after the project completion
- Assist with updating our as built process for a better quality product.
- Initiate and / or participate turnover meetings to engineering and field discussing project scope, safety, timelines, etc.
- Utilize and enhance company standard documents for business development, pre-proposal checklists, project tracking, field labor scheduling, turnovers, subcontracts, purchase orders, warranty, etc.
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including ESOP, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Minimum of three years of experience with PLC/SCADA control systems AND
- Minimum of three years experience with AutoCAD Electrical
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Creative problem-solving, Excellent critical thinking skills, and a high level of numeracy
- Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams and projects
- Willingness to accept responsibility and make decisions
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics
- Working knowledge of at least one PLC software (i.e. Rockwell RSLogix or Modicon Unity Pro)
- Experienced with AutoCAD Electrical
- Ability to select the correct Instrument/Device based on Product Environment
- Knowledge of Ethernet, MODBUS, or other serial network communication formats and hardware configurations and device integration
- Understanding of basic process controls (i.e. PID control loops, motor control, commissioning of digital and analog measurement devices)