Search for Jobs:
Electrical Engineering Manager Ankeny, IA
Electrical Engineering Manager
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
Create and develop relationships supportive of the Baker Group mission statement with employees, internal and external customers. Overall focus isto provide a high level of leadership for the Electrical Engineering Department that includes mentoring and training of less experienced team members. This position also includes assisting other team members in the Electrical Business Unit and other Baker Group Business Units.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Makes major design recommendations and design decisions
- Schedule electrical engineers/designers to complete project requirements
- LMA (Lead, Manage, Accountablity) of Electrical Engineering Department
- Support the development and maintenance of Baker Group Electrical standards
- Create a culture of accountability to Baker Group Electrical standards
- Hire/Terminate/Review engineers and designers according to Baker Group core values.
- Provide assistance and actively support junior staff.
- Participate in planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; assist in estimating, feasibility studies, and may coordinate production of basic design plans and construction documents
- Drive use of pre-fabrication efforts deeper into the business unit
- Support corporate goals, VTO’s, and personal Business Development Plans
- Achieve quality and financial goals for Electrical Design Department
- Achieve high levels of client satisfaction consistently
- Maintain technical competency and work to expand technical skills and knowledge
- Actively participate in Industry Associations
- Continuously develop relationships with existing clients and pursue opportunities which provide long-term customer relationships and revenue opportunities
- Represent Baker Group in business with clients, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations
- Play integral role in relationship building and management of clients, assist direct reports with “key clients” and help them track sales activity
- Support sales process and presentations for new and prospective clients
At any given time, may be exposed to:
- Normal office conditions
- Exposure to weather, heat, cold
- Wet &/or humid
- Exposure to dust/fumes
- Noise intensity – Loud
- Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals
- In proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to electrical shock
- Working in high/exposed places
Equipment / Tools:
- Tape measure
- PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots, Hi-Vis vest)
- Clothing: jeans, appropriate office shirt
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Minimum Education & Experience Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Construction Engineering (Electrical emphasis).
- State of Iowa P.E. License
Mental & Physical Competencies Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Good vision and hearing
- Solid organization, problem-solving, personnel management, leadership, and communication skills
- Knowledge of contract language
- Crisis management skills
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Moderately exposed to unusual elements and may require moderate physical activity