Search for Jobs:
Architectural Sheet Metal Project Manager Ankeny, IA
Architectural Sheet Metal Project Manager
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 1100 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding “Yes!” we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
Under limited supervision, manage and administer the construction and delivery of new projects and/or alterations/modifications to existing facilities, to include contract preparation, on-site, office and shop coordination, quality control, and all aspects of project management. Performs related work as required. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following primary duties are typical for this job, as related to Architectural Sheet Metal. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties related to HVAC Sheet Metal may be required and assigned.
- Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; provide conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents
- Develop and administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; perform project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, construction firms, as well as institutional, state, and local entities
- Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiate revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications, submittals, and with university, state, and federal policies and regulations
- Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications, and coordinate procurement, as appropriate
- Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approve contractor invoices for payment
- Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing institutional operations
- Inspect, approve, and accept completed projects for the company, ensuring conformance building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications
- Represent the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations
- Research and prepare various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Accurate daily time and equipment reporting
- College degree with a minimum of 3 years of work experience OR
- 5 years Architectural Sheet Metal project management experience in the related industry
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license
Mental and Physical Competencies required to perform essential functions:
- Moderately exposed to unusual elements and may require moderate physical activity
- Normal office conditions
- Exposure to weather, heat, cold
- Wet &/or humid
- Exposure to dust/fumes
- Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals
- In proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to electrical shock
- Working in high/exposed places
- Noise intensity – Loud
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including ESOP, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Care About People* *Love What We Do* *Mentally Tough* *Own It*