Search for Jobs:
Construction Project Coordinator Des Moines, IA
OPN Architects, Inc.
Construction Project Coordinator
Des Moines, IA
OPN Architects, Inc. is an award-winning Midwest design firm with a diverse practice. We have offices in Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, and Iowa City, Iowa, Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Madison, Wisconsin. Our current projects include a major performing arts building, public libraries, research and laboratory space, academic buildings, K-12 schools and planning projects for a wide range of clients.
The construction project coordinator handles administrative tasks for the project manager, construction administrator and project team during the construction phase of projects to keep the projects running smoothly. The construction project coordinator provides basic construction administrative services to contractors and owners.
1. Provide administrative assistance to the project manager and construction administrator.
2. Prepare files and labels for project set up; maintain project documentation hard files.
3. Create and maintain job files, logs, and track project documentation (RFI’s, submittals, change orders, etc.).
4. Manage and coordinate electronic file requests.
5. Update project-related construction documents as directed.
6. Produce and transmit project related information to owner as directed
7. Properly package and store drawings/documents for both delivery and archive.
8. Prepare supplemental drawings and title blocks as needed.
9. Assist in punch list process.
10. Assist the project manager and/or construction administrator in project close-out duties, including assembling close-out documentation from consultants and internal files.
Company paid individual health insurance
Vacation and Sick Leave, Personal Days Off
EAP & Wellness Program
Associates degree in construction or architecture, or equivalent work experience.
Strong time management and conflict resolution abilities.
Ability to manage several tasks while staying organized.
Ability to work with multiple projects and project leaders.
Attention to detail, organization skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, understand and work from construction documents and specifications.
Proficient with the following computer applications and office equipment: Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.; Bluebeam
Previous experience on a construction project is preferred but not required.
Proficiency with Revit and/or AutoCAD is preferred but not required.
Minimal to no travel