Search for Jobs:
Carpenter Foreman Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
Turner Constructions offers a wide range of construction services including general contracting, construction management, renovation, design-build, consulting, virtual design and construction, and the most comprehensive preconstruction services in the local market. Turner offers the stability, and resources of a multi-national organization with the flexibility, attention, and creativity of a local firm.
To apply for open positions visit www.turnerconstruction.com
Looking for a Laborer to join our growing Turner team in Des Moines, Iowa area. Turner is central Iowa’s largest General Contractor by volume specializing in commercial construction of all sizes with a growing self-perform division. Competitive pay and excellent benefits provided including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays!
Responsible for leading, directing and coordinating the work of Turner trade employees. The Carpenter Foreman is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project.
Reports to: Superintendent, Project Manager, Project Executive, and Trades Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Be a working foreman while leading carpenters to complete jobsite related projects.
· Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
· Possess the skills necessary to complete rough carpentry work, site logistical work, fencing, deck and platform building, protection systems, construction waste areas, and jobsite cleanup.
· Completes and submits time sheets, daily construction reports, and required safety paperwork daily.
· Participate in interviews and recommend hires for trades staff.
· Supervise and develop trade employees, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
· Address staff needs and resolve problems. Provide staff feedback, reward, and discipline as required.
· Assist in scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment.
· Reviews jobsite needs with the superintendents & foreman and coordinates construction.
· Participate in the activities of subcontractors and suppliers.
· Estimate, inventory, monitor, and request time, staff, material, and equipment needed to complete work.
· Operate equipment such as forklifts, backhoe, skid steer, excavator, compactors, and construction hoist
· Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
· Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
· Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
· Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
· May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Employee Benefits are available 1st of the month after 60 days. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance is available for employee and family coverage. Employee life insurance is paid by the company.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and exposure to supervisory responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Moderate technical abilities including the utilization of a smart phone/tablet and supported software
- Proficiency in EH&S applications.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers.
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands include constantly standing, walking, combined standing/walking and occasionally sitting; lifting/lowering/carrying weights constantly under 25 pounds, frequently between 25-50 pounds and occasionally over 50 pounds; frequently reaching above shoulder height; constantly reaching below shoulder height; constantly bending/twisting the neck; frequently bending at the waist (forward and sideway); constantly bending; frequently pushing/pulling; occasionally squatting and kneeling; frequently climbing; occasionally crawling; frequent repetitive motion; constant hand/wrist flexion-extension; frequent noise/dust/chemical exposure; occasional confined space hazards; and frequently working on heights.
Additional demands including vision abilities required including close, distance, color, peripheral depth perception and focus; hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
· **May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
May need to travel to local project sites.