Search for Jobs:
Laborer Waterloo, IA
Cardinal Construction Inc.
$17-22 per hour
As the current operating entity of a general contracting firm dating to 1895, Cardinal Construction, Inc. retains its status as a full-service contractor with offerings that run the gamut from competitive hard bid, to negotiated GMP, to design-build, and on through to construction management. Serving clients throughout northeast and eastern Iowa, Cardinal specializes in industrial, institutional, and commercial construction.
Summary and Overall Objectives of the Position
Construction laborers perform a variety of assigned tasks during all project phases that require physical labor on jobsites. Tasks are wide-ranging and vary in complexity. Laborers assist craftworkers under the direction of a Project Superintendent.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Arrive on-time to assigned jobsite
· Communicate with Project Superintendent/ Assistant Superintendent for assignment and direction of daily task(s)
· Work well with others including supervisors, co-workers, and other subcontractors on assigned jobsites
· Complete work task(s) in a safe and timely manner
· Take part in daily jobsite huddles and safety talks
· Maintain a clean and organized jobsite
· Use personal and company provided tools in a safe and respectful manner
· Perform other tasks as assigned
We offer an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Healthcare Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- Power-Tool Leasing Program
Required Education and Experience
No education or experience required
Preferred Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED. Prior construction experience. OSHA 10 Hour certification.
The individual in this position must:
· Demonstrate company core values of Positivity, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, and Personal Accountability
Show ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities independently
Minimal travel is expected for this position, however, from time to time, may be necessary depending on jobsite locations. Any travel will take place primarily in the state of Iowa and will typically involve same day travel only.