Search for Jobs:
Project Manager Ames, IA
$Based on Experience
HPC, L.L.C. is a Commercial General Contractor that has been in business since 1975. We provide Honor, Pride and Commitment to all our projects and customers in the Ames and surrounding areas. Our market includes Schools, Colleges, Health Care, Financial, Churches and Businesses. HPC is looking for someone with construction skills to help us build for the future.
HPC is looking for a Project Manager that is motivated to plan, organize and direct personnel, materials and subcontractors for multiple projects. One who can be a leader in the construction process ensuring quality, scheduling, cost control, safety and customer satisfaction.
Job Functions (included but not limited to):
· Assists in preconstruction activities – presentations, estimating, bidding and buying out job
· Develops a thorough understanding of contract documents and estimate
· Communicates with owner, architect, engineer, subcontractors and suppliers
· Updates owner with all project issues and keeps owner informed
· Issues contracts and purchase orders
· Process shop drawings for compliance with contract documents
· Confer with superintendent, inspectors & other contractors to coordinate all phases of project
· Ensures the necessary equipment & materials are at the job site when needed
· Schedules, facilitates and documents regular construction meetings as required
· Monitors & ensures quality control along with superintendent/foreman
· Assists field superintendent with problems or conflicts
· Coordinates project activities complying with government regulatory agencies
· Manages financial aspects of contracts with owners, subcontractors and suppliers
· Completes quarterly job cost projects and/or any monthly, weekly, daily documentation
· Estimates & submits change order requests, consulting with estimating dept as required
· Assists with pricing/drafting change requests and maintains log
· Updates subcontracts, purchase orders and budget with changes
· Works with accounting department to submit monthly pay applications
· Reviews and approves invoices
· Reviews and approves weekly timesheets
· Manages scope of work and contract documents
· Ensures jobs have safe working conditions and that safe work practices are in place with field superintendent
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations
· Works with owner & architect to conduct final inspections, oversea job clean-up & ensure timely completion of required work items
· Ensures timely completion of project close-out activities, confirm as-builts are up to date & submitted
· Assists with business development as directed by management
· Performs additional assignments per management
Full-time salaried position, medical insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, flex spending, continuing education, direct deposit payroll and bonus.
Bachelor's Degree in related field with 1 year experience. Knowledge in Procore, Sage, Bluebeam, Centric, Word/Excel and Outlook.
HPC is seeking a candidate that has a positive attitude, who is accountable and has good communication and decision making skills. Someone who is detail and goal oriented, who works with honesty, integrity and initiative and can be organized and multi-task. All while behing able to problem solve, be reliable and a team player.