Search for Jobs:
Underground Utility Foreman Anamosa, IA
Underground Utility Foreman
$based on experience
Boomerang is a premier site work contractor built on family, integrity and creating opportunities for our team members to grow as we work hand in hand with our clients.
We're trusted to tackle the toughest of infrastructure projects for state, local or private entities. The strong foundation our superior employees and equipment build is why people keep returning to Boomerang.
Can you dig it?
This position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The position is responsible for supervising a crew of operators in the excavation of underground utilities by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate and direct the installation of Storm, Sanitary Sewer and Water lines and associated activities.
- Supervise and coordinate daily activities of 6 or more craft workers and prioritizes work.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains crew members to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames; on time and under budget.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site, or highway construction and excavation.
- Monitors quality control of work in place by operators.
- Implement better methods of production in all aspects of your job.
- Assist in schedule development and effectively budget time to adhere to schedule.
- Identifying potential change orders.
- Monitor labor reporting, job cost reviews and prepare two week look-ahead.
- Efficiently communicates with the Project Manager any delays, and/or emergencies at the job site; works with PM to resolve issues to comply with budget and schedule.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or needed repairs should be reported to the shop foreman; cleans equipment.
- Conduct jobsite orientation and train and mentor new workers.
- Instruct and train employees and ensure the safety of the workers.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures; brings problems to the attention of the project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings, and attend cost/job reviews.
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru electronic reporting; significant project facts, events, and conditions must be reported.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
**MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN**
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment, Travel Per Diem
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have 5+ yrs. experience in laying storm, sanitary or water main pipe. Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the installation of water, sanitary and storm piping
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Proficient at reading blue prints
- Proficient in one or more relevant craft areas
- Ability to motivate workers, lead by example and communicate effectively
- Ability to compute basic numbers, read scales and use simple fractions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within project timelines.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Email Communications and Electronic time card is a plus
- Knowledge of the construction industry