Search for Jobs:
Project Manager Davenport, IA
Russell Construction Co., Inc.
Russell is a professional firm providing Construction and Real Estate Development services across the Midwest. Since its inception in 1983, Russell has remained committed to a client-centered approach; core ideologies of integrity, innovation and professionalism; appreciation for its team members and lasting community involvement.
As an Iowa based company who has delivered over 200 projects state-wide and more than $1 billion across 30 states, Russell remains a leader in its core construction markets, including education, housing, senior living, manufacturing, hospitality, and complex additions/renovations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Prepare complete and accurate estimates for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, and contracting.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.)
- Supervise craft employees (Superintendents) and/or other contractors as required by contract.
- Provide technical assistance, interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Prepare monthly project status reports, forecasting cost projections, and status of the project.
- When assigned by supervisor, lead a pre-construction team as a team leader to provide guidance, direction and leadership.
- Maintain project files in a neat and organized manner.
- Provide all administrative responsibility such as: issuing Owner and Subcontract agreements, scheduling, change order management, shop drawings, RFI’s, related day to day correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for the overall profitability of the project.
- Prepare all necessary and required closeout project documentation.
- Coordinate with the site superintendent on-site activities of the trades.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Russell Group offers a comprehensive benefit package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, HSA, FSA and Universal Paid Time Off.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and experience include: Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Five years of increasing responsibility in project management. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, estimating, schedules and safety are required. Excellent communication, organization and supervisory skills are essential.