Search for Jobs:
Project Manager Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
We are currently accepting applications for a motivated Industrial Project Manager assigned to a project in Arkansas City, KS. This candidate will work out of the Des Moines, IA office when not on a jobsite.
The Project Manager is responsible for profitably managing all administrative and field construction activities to quality standards, while maintaining relationships with all stakeholders on assigned projects. This individual will often oversee multiple medium-sized projects, a single large-sized project, or an assigned scope on a single, large, complex project. The Project Manager is expected to demonstrate leadership by following company standards and policies, achieving shared goals, developing others and building high morale and commitment.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and manage project schedule; identify and address long lead items; update project plan as required; initiate changes to ensure adherence
- Negotiate and execute change orders, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Complete monthly project status reports, owner billings and financial risk assessments
- Identify and recommend value engineering and scope reduction opportunities
- Ensure project safety plan is completed and communicated to project team and subcontractors
- Assist with preconstruction efforts
- Manage buy-out process
- Detect constructability issues with project design
- Understand contract terms, budgets, insurances, bonds and change orders; ensure adherence including work progress being within scope
- Recommend staff development needs, disciplinary actions, job assignments and promotions
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: industry-related college degree is required; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience: At least seven (7) years’ of construction experience is required, including project management experience. Candidate should have experience managing others with a proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring successfully. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful.
- Skills: Business acumen, judgment, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Manager.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with or be able to learn specific project management and scheduling software (ex: JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta). Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.
Get the word out!
Get a trackable link to share anywhere.Get Job LinkLocation
Des Moines, Iowa