Search for Jobs:
Preconstruction Manager Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking a Preconstruction Manager that can be located out of our multiple office locations.
The Preconstruction Manager sets small to medium-sized projects up for success through delivery of preconstruction services. Value should be provided to customers by leading the project team, predicting cost and schedule, advocating for owners and seamlessly transitioning preconstruction services to the operations team. This role will provide oversight and leadership to assigned internal employees.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for accuracy of all estimating, scheduling, strategy and communication throughout preconstruction process
- Review all estimates for accuracy, detail and expectations
- Review weekly preconstruction process to ensure progress is on schedule; initiate changes to remain on schedule; advise leadership of issues that may pose a cost or schedule impact
- Coordinate building systems and schedules with the operations team to plan and budget for safety
- Make decisions in a timely manner; understand when to involve upper management in decisions; assess level of risk and consequences associated
- Collaborate with operations, business development, preconstruction team members and other stakeholders to ensure projects are turned over for success with the expected level of profitability
- Understand the clients’ needs to manage the process efficiently, ensure timely completion, understand local logistics/subcontractor and supplier market, and how BIM/LEED/LEAN can be best utilized
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Business travel may be required
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of four (4) years’ experience of estimating and/or project management in a construction field is required. Proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring others successfully.
- Skills: Independent judgment, business acumen, judgment, client relations, negotiation, decision making, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective internal and external communication, project management, team leadership, tact, adaptability and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Preconstruction Manager.
- Technology: Proficiency with operating systems and basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Employee must have experience with onscreen takeoffs and the ability to learn other specific software.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.