Search for Jobs:
Scheduler Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking a Scheduler to be located in Des Moines, IA.
The Scheduler will develop integrated project schedules, coordinate and integrate project schedule input from project managers and guide the baseline, update and time impact process throughout the project lifecycle. The position will require the ability to analyze subcontractor developed construction schedules and ensure consistent development of construction schedules according to sound industry practices.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and direct the corporate schedule effort to industry standards.
- Provide training, tools and guidance for the corporate scheduling effort toward proven industry practices.
- Responsible for bid/proposal schedules, baseline schedules, schedule updates and time impact analysis. Must understand complex schedule issues and coordinate the appropriate personnel to obtain and validate schedule information.
- Must maintain master schedules for project tasks including preparation, updating, revising, maintaining, coordinating and communicating project schedules to team members, management and the client.
- Interfaces with clients, attends regular construction meetings, and provides statistical reports.
- Provides project and company management with the necessary tools for project schedule control.
- Accumulates and accesses historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
- Analyzes, evaluates, forecasts, and reports schedule status against an established baseline.
- Collects and reports progress, evaluates schedule variances, develops work-arounds plans, and coordinates resolution of variances.
- Develops and maintains and established system to show the hierarchy of schedules; keeps project and company management fully informed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A college degree in a construction related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years’ of related work experience as a project manager with scheduling responsibilities.
- Skills: Independent judgment, ability to multi-task, decision making, organizational skills, self starter with strong verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective internal and external communication, project management, team leadership, tact, adaptability and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Scheduler.
- Technology: Proficiency with operating systems and basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Asta, Primavera and Outlook. Employee must have the ability to learn other specific software.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.