Search for Jobs:
Concrete Foreman - Flat Work Anamosa, IA
Concrete Foreman - Flat Work
Boomerang is a premier site work contractor built on family, integrity and creating opportunities for our team members to grow as we work hand in hand with our clients.
We're trusted to tackle the toughest of infrastructure projects for state, local or private entities. The strong foundation our superior employees and equipment build is why people keep returning to Boomerang.
Can you dig it?
This position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct tasks include use of layout equipment and erecting/constructing forms, tying rebar, and finishing concrete.
- Read and interpret detailed civil plans and paving hubs, set string line, set forms and grade.
- Direct crew in carpentry and concrete finishing tasks.
- Ensure crew maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Supervise and coordinate daily activities of 6 or more craft workers and prioritizes work.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains crew members to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames; on time and under budget.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site, or highway construction and excavation.
- Implement better methods of production in all aspects of your job.
- Assist in schedule development and effectively budget time to adhere to schedule.
- Identifying potential change orders.
- Monitor labor reporting, job cost reviews and prepare two week look-ahead.
- Efficiently communicates with the Project Manager any delays, and/or emergencies at the job site; works with PM to resolve issues to comply with budget and schedule.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or needed repairs should be reported to the shop foreman; cleans equipment.
- Conduct jobsite orientation and train and mentor new workers.
- Instruct and train employees and ensure the safety of the workers.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru electronic reporting; significant project facts, events, and conditions must be reported.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment, Travel Per Diem
Required Education and Experience
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in construction concrete set up and finishing
- Proficient at reading blue prints
- Familiar with IDOT/SUDAS Concrete Specifications
- Ability to motivate workers, lead by example and communicate effectively
- Ability to compute basic numbers, read scales and use simple fractions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within project timelines.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.