Search for Jobs:
Heavy Diesel Mechanic Anamosa, IA
Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Boomerang is a premier site work contractor built on family, integrity and creating opportunities for our team members to grow as we work hand in hand with our clients.
We're trusted to tackle the toughest of infrastructure projects for state, local or private entities. The strong foundation our superior employees and equipment build is why people keep returning to Boomerang.
Can you dig it?
Under limited supervision, the mechanic position performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment; performs related work as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs vehicles and equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Order and coordinate delivery of necessary supplies.
- May act as lead person in supervisor’s absence.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures; brings problems to the attention of the foreman, project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment, Travel Per Diem
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of experience and/or training in vehicle/construction equipment repair and maintenance shop or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to compute basic numbers read scales and use simple fractions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within timelines.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with acetylene and electric arc welding
- Knowledge of the construction industry