Search for Jobs:
Heavy Equipment Operator Anamosa, IA
Heavy Equipment Operator
Boomerang is a premier site work contractor built on family, integrity and creating opportunities for our team members to grow as we work hand in hand with our clients.
We're trusted to tackle the toughest of infrastructure projects for state, local or private entities. The strong foundation our superior employees and equipment build is why people keep returning to Boomerang.
Can you dig it?
The equipment operator operates a variety of equipment used in the excavation, construction, maintenance and repair of roads, highways, parking lots and other large site jobs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and excavation.
- Must read civil construction plans and grade stakes.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
- Assist with preparing roads for surfacing; dig holes and trenches.
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of traffic control devices. Controls traffic at worksites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned.
- Assists in training lower-level employees performing the maintenance and repair duties as required or assigned.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or needed repairs should be reported to the shop foreman; cleans equipment.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures; brings problems to the attention of the foreman, project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Maintain required certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru electronic reporting, as assigned.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
Top Wages, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Team Focused Environment, Travel Per Diem
Required Education and Experience
- Five (5) years’ experience in operating heavy equipment, two of which must have been related to heavy construction or highway construction.
- Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics.
- Ability to work from construction specifications and blueprints.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School diploma or GED
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid state driver’s license with CDL endorsement with no active violations within the previous three years.
- Clean driving record.
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.