Search for Jobs:
Construction General Superintendent Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Construction General Superintendent
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking an experienced General Superintendent to be located out of our Des Moines, IA office.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Project Superintendents and Self Perform Workforce in establishing and maintaining the Company’s Safety Policy on our projects
- Oversee all Self Perform Workforce hire, transfer, and layoff
- Manage, develop, and maintain a qualified Self Perform Workforce
- Assign and coordinate all Self Perform Workforce assignments with the needs of various projects.
- Provide guidance and expertise to Project Superintendents and Foremen in schedule, quality, cost control, and all other field related activities
- Maintain local Subcontractor relationship in order to project local workforce strengths and shortcomings
- Assist in planning of projects from preconstruction through job completion and serve as a liaison from project management from the field
- Other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A High School Diploma is required; Industry related college degree is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years’ of extensive field and project construction management experience is necessary for this position. Experience in a fast-paced environment; proven history of leading and managing others successfully and to teach, develop and mentor others.
- Skills: Strong leadership skills and above average communication skills are required skills. Exhibit a professional understanding of safety, constructability, scheduling, quality control, and cost control. Candidate must have time management and organizational skills to be successful in this role.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Apple products (iPhone & iPad), Procore, JDE, Asta and have the ability to learn specific software. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.