Search for Jobs:
Operator $1,500 Bonus Clive, IA
Priority Excavating L.L.C.
Operator $1,500 Bonus
$Experienced operators 33.00/hour
Priority Excavating is a team of professionals who are committed to your site utilities. We go below the ground to provide Central Iowa communities with water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer drainage.
All work is located in, or around Des Moines
$1,500 Sign on bonus discussed at interview
This is a highly skilled position in the operation of heavy construction equipment. The employee in this class is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy construction equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor at the first sign of trouble. The employee in this class receives general supervision from a Foreman, and work is reviewed by observing results, equipment conditions, and by analyzing equipment and maintenance costs.
- Operates all equipment necessary for digging ditches or trenches, backfilling excavations, or compacting and leveling soil to grade specifications.
- Checks and fuels equipment and vehicles.
- Performs mechanical adjustments.
- Cleans and maintains equipment.
- May assist other personnel when there is no need for heavy equipment operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with heavy construction equipment such as bulldozers, excavators, loaders, dump trucks, backhoes, tractors and scrapers.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific equipment to be operated.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to fuel, oil and grease equipment.
- Work environment conditions consist of working in the sun, heat, cold, and water where the conditions could be dirty or dusty.
- Employee must be able to sit in the same position for up to 10 hours a day consecutively.
- Must pass Priority Excavating physical exam and drug test.
YOU ONLY PAY $3.00 a WEEK FOR FAMILY AND SINGLE HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS - this includes dental, vision, basic life, short-term disability and long term disability. We pay the rest.
We also offer a Flex Benefit and 401K plan with a company match
- One to two years experience in the field preferred.
- OSHA 10 or 30.
- Confined Spaces, Competent Person and CPR/1st Aid training preferred.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school, or equivalent.
- Basic arithmetic understanding.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Our job sites are typically in Des Moines/surrounding areas.