Search for Jobs:
Pipe Layer / Laborer Clive, IA
Priority Excavating L.L.C.
Pipe Layer / Laborer
$Experienced Laborer at $18 / Experienced Pipe Layer at $24-$28
Priority Excavating is a team of professionals who are committed to your site utilities. We go below the ground to provide Central Iowa communities with water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer drainage.
- Essential Functions:
- Operates hand and power tools of all types necessary for completing construction projects including laying pipe and other projects.
- Lay sewer, storm water, and drain pipe.
- Shovel rock, dirt, or sand.
- Control traffic passing in or around work zones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with construction equipment such as air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and pavement breakers.
- General knowledge of main line installation.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific equipment to be operated.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to service the assigned equipment to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Ability to read blue prints, plans, and instructions.
- Physical Requirements
- Work environment conditions consist of working in the sun, heat, cold, and water where the conditions could be dirty or dusty.
- Ability to crawl in and out of excavations.
- Ability to climb up and down a ladder, up to 50 feet high.
- Frequent bending, walking, squatting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and standing.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs frequently.
- Must pass Priority Excavating physical exam and drug test.
YOU ONLY PAY $3.00 a WEEK FOR FAMILY AND SINGLE HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS - this includes dental, vision, basic life, short-term disability and long term disability. We pay the rest.
We also offer a Flex Benefit and 401K plan with a company match after 6 months.
- One to two years experience in the field preferred.
- OSHA 10 or 30.
- Confined Spaces, Competent Person and CPR/1st Aid training preferred.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school, or equivalent.
- Basic arithmetic understanding.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
We are typically around the Des Moines area.