Search for Jobs:
Accountant Burlington, IA
Carl A. Nelson & Company
$Based on Qualifications
Carl A. Nelson & Company has gained extensive experience in numerous construction markets, and today serves the design-build construction, construction management and general contracting needs of industrial, healthcare, education, recreation, office/commercial, civic/community, laboratory, power plant and water/wastewater treatment plant clients.
In addition to construction and renovation projects, Carl A. Nelson & Company also is capable of delivering services to clients in the areas of design consultation, code review and Building Information Modeling with Nelson Design, Inc., and small project construction and ongoing maintenance in operating industrial plants through our Nelson Plant Services division. Our Pre-Engineered Building Systems office can address your needs for pre-engineered metal buildings.
For education and healthcare clients, Carl A. Nelson & Company also has a track record of successfully leading facility needs assessment and master planning processes.
Carl A. Nelson & Company is a commercial and industrial general contractor headquartered in Burlington, IA. We currently have an immediate opening for an Accountant.
This is a finance and accounting position. Payroll will be the primary function to start. Ability to quickly transition into other accounting functional areas is critical. This position has the ability for advancement within the finance department to fit Company needs.
In this position you will work with various other positions within the Company to verify appropriateness of timesheets including time for temporary labor employees. Process payroll checks on a weekly basis, making sure to apply appropriate wage rates and deductions including taxes, employee benefits, any court ordered deductions. Process subsistence payments on a weekly basis. Reconcile and prepare payroll tax returns and submit appropriate payroll tax deposits according to federal and state filing requirements. Prepare W-2’s and 1095’s on an annual basis.
- Review timesheets for accuracy, following up on any inconsistency or questionable items
- Follow federal and state laws and Company policies and Procedures as they apply to payroll processing including but not limited to policies in regards to overtime, vacation or PTO, subsistence, etc.
- Import remotely acquired timesheet data into the accounting software for payroll processing
- Process payroll on a weekly basis, uploading data for direct deposit and e-stub distribution, or preparing paper checks when required
- Create temporary labor and standard cost exports and truck rent files on a weekly basis
- Process subsistence payments on a weekly basis, uploading data to employees’ cards or issuing paper checks as required
- Submit payroll tax deposits as required by federal and state laws
- Prepare and submit for review and signature and then file all required payroll tax reports
- Monitor flexible spending accounts, health spending accounts, child support and payroll garnishments, submitting request for payments to accounts payable as needed in electronic means when appropriate
- Electronically submit 401k and Health Savings Account payroll deferrals on a weekly basis
- Maintain payroll recap spreadsheets on a weekly basis
- Maintain employee setups in the accounting software
- Assist as needed with the financial statement, insurance, 401k audits, and compliance and retirement insurance
- Prepare and distribute W-2’s and 1095’s to employees either electronically or in hard copy
- Assist with COBRA and FMLA notice requirements
- Monitor and record COBRA payments received
- Monitor employee benefit eligibility and assist with benefit enrollment We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor or Associates Degree in Accounting or a related field. However, a combination of education and experience will be considered for this position.
Carl A. Nelson & Company is an EEO employer MFVet/Disabled
Join a progressive firm representing over 100 years of quality construction experience. Please send your resume and salary history for further consideration.