Search for Jobs:
Metal Building Erector Kalona, IA
Chris Schlabach Construction Inc
Metal Building Erector
$30,000 to $55,000
Metal Building Erector. Duties included but not limited to; Installing Pre-Engineered Steel building framing, roof and wall insulation, roof and wall metal panels. Attention to details, ability to work at heights and puncuality are important. Work hours are M-F 7:00 to 5:00 (summer) with some Saturdays if needed. 40 - 45 hours per week with work year round. Flexable work schedule if needed, paid weekly, overtime after 40.
Retirement, Vacation, Paid Holiday, Annual work bonus, Personal Time off accrued per hour worked, Reimbursments, Travel Bonus, paid training, Health exchange help. HSA matching, logo clothing.
Pay is based on Required Experience Levels.
- Entry Level I; experience in construction. (basic construction knowledge, punctual, willing to learn and ask questions, complete Safety Training)
- Level II; experience expected (Levle I ability, knowlege of operation of boom lifts, scissor lifts, safety training, basic knowledge of task assigned to complete)
- Level III; experience expected ( Level II ability, operation of RTFL (telehandler) equipment, basic understanding of building sequence, be able know how to complete the assigned task without direction)
- Level IV; experience expected (Level III knowledge, extensive equipment knowledge and operation, the ability to know the next sequence and prepare for it, willing to give direction and proper training to fellow employees)
- Level V; experience expected (Level IV, Full knowledge of the building process, and details needed to safely complete the project in a timely manner)
Minimum Qualifications based on experience level.
Most projects are located in Hiawtha, Cedar Rapids, Marion and Iowa City along 380.
Some projects may be located in Kalona, Iowa.