Search for Jobs:
Project Manager - Electrical Cedar Rapids, IA
Project Manager - Electrical
Cedar Rapids, IA
$To be determined
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa with over 600 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at www.thebakergroup.com to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
Create and develop relationships supportive of the Baker Group mission statement with employees, internal and external customers. This position will have Experience in the design build industry, with a focus on office buildings, data centers, research laboratories, industrial facilities and healthcare is desired. Manage projects in a manner that compliments all facets of the project from design to owner training. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
- Participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
- Develops and administers project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; performs project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
- Oversees all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitors and coordinates work performed by architectural, engineering, construction firms, as well as institutional, state, and local entities.
- Reviews and interprets proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advises consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
- Ensures that project operations are in compliance with design specifications, submittals, and with university, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Establishes performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepares project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate.
- Authorizes the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approves contractor invoices for payment.
- Directs work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing institutional operations.
- Inspects, approves, and accepts completed projects for the company, ensuring conformance building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
- Represents the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Researches and prepares various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Acts as a mentor to other Electrical Project Managers and assists with and is responsible for electrical business units strategic planning and focus.
- Has direct reports and is responsible for doing performance reviews and PRD’s – performance results description with direct reports.
- Plays a major role in the success of the overall business unit.
- Works closely with other BU’s in determine strategic focus and direction as well as man power planning.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Advisor
- Paid Training
- BS in Electrical Engineering plus related experience is desired but not required.
- Construction Manager Degree with emphasis on Electrical plus related experience is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of commercial, laboratories, healthcare, industrial, hospitality and governmental facilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and CAD software
- Prior experience in construction and documentation of electrical systems
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Must have good driving record.
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive attitude
- Team player, collaborative with the group
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships
- Communication skills; direct with customers, construction team, and internal
- Knowledge of building automation systems