Search for Jobs:
Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
When your organization experiences changing real estate needs, Shyft Collective is what you need all under one roof. Our transparent, collaborative approach creates a uniquely empowering experience, whether you need owner’s rep services or comprehensive planning, design and/or built solutions. Our partners trust and lean on us to help make the tough decisions easier, based on thorough market research, financial modeling and the knowledgeable support of a diverse team of experts. Once you make the decision to change your space, we are there to lead you through all the decisions that follow.
Full Job Description
SHYFT Collective is searching for an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant to join our growing team. This person will work with our financial, construction, project management, and leadership teams to support our accounting and project administration efforts. She/He will manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, construction lien waivers, project tracking, and general administrative support.
Work experience can be expected to include the following tasks:
- Vendor invoice coding, verification, and entry
- Create construction management pay applications (G702/G703), and track lien waivers
- Bill clients, complete client pay request forms
- Construction management pay application and bank draw requests
- Create expense reports including coding and receipt management
- Assist with data entry and updates in the system
- Develop an understanding of and adherence to firm-wide procedures, processes, and culture
As a creative culture, individuals are encouraged to work within our flexible work hours and work environments. You should be prepared to occasionally lose with ‘dignity’ to team members in Fantasy Football and open to potential early happy hours to enjoy your colleagues’ company.
SHYFT is a firm built around the WHY. Our unique delivery model includes traditional services with a more integrated process designed to help our clients achieve their WHY. We deliver this level of service collectively by building a creative culture to help each team member achieve their WHY. Our ultimate vision is to change the way we approach projects to relentlessly improve upon how we identify the WHY behind WHAT we do.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts, and project manager/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective allowing our team to create custom solutions for our clients.
Our creative environment and culture are built to influence design, construction and project excellence as well as to best reward our team through unparalleled transparency. If you’re looking for a firm where culture is paramount, where you will be rewarded for your successful efforts and have a real impact on your WHY while maintaining a healthy balance of work and play, we would be proud to meet and discuss that opportunity with you.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 2 or 4-year degree required in accounting, business administration, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in invoicing and bookkeeping
- Experience within real estate, construction, or architecture preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel with the ability to create and edit spreadsheets and understand formulas
- Must be willing to learn new accounting software
- Experience with accounting software including Quickbooks or Acumatica
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities are imperative
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail, analytical skills, and ability to work independently in a fast-paced, complex environment