Search for Jobs:
Government Contracting Manager, Real Estate Davenport, IA
Russell Construction Co., Inc.
Government Contracting Manager, Real Estate
Russell is a professional firm providing Construction and Real Estate Development services across the Midwest. Since its inception in 1983, Russell has remained committed to a client-centered approach; core ideologies of integrity, innovation and professionalism; appreciation for its team members and lasting community involvement.
As an Iowa based company who has delivered over 200 projects state-wide and more than $1 billion across 30 states, Russell remains a leader in its core construction markets, including education, housing, senior living, manufacturing, hospitality, and complex additions/renovations.
The Government Contracts Manager will provide day to day consultation and support to government entities seeking federal leaseback arrangements
- Lease acquisition including sourcing opportunities, preparing proposals, negotiating with government, preparing and executing real estate contracts.
- Sourcing and evaluating sites for government occupancy.
- Conducting market surveys and real estate site inspections.
- Conducting cost analyses for land purchase, total project cost, return on investment for lease proposals and;
- Managing lease proposal marketing submittals and all documents to ensure technical and financial accuracy.
- Lead internal teams (marketing, pre-construction, others) to ensure quality of proposal prepared, maintain milestones in preparation and engage with leadership to vet proposal prior to submitting to government.
- Prepares and maintains current leasing plans and strategies, as well as appropriate milestone charts and schedules. Ensures proposals meet customer space requirements. Performs comprehensive market surveys and building inspections to see if the offered space will meet customer requirements.
- Oversees and negotiates leases, ensures accurate modification of complex space provisions to reflect changes in ownership, the amount and configuration of space, and types of service received.
- Performs real estate administration functions for space provisions, working directly with design teams to communicate changes in the type of services received, and working with property management team on enforcement of lease provisions, etc.
- Responsible for data input into sales tracking programs, creating calendar events for all involved parties to meet deadlines and submittal dates.
- Engages with Russell legal for all contractural documents/leasing information.
Russell offers a compensation and benefits package that is highly competitive within our industry.
Work/Life Balance Benefits:
- Universal Paid Time Off Plan – replaces standardized segregated vacation, sick and personal days
- Community Service Support
- Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Development Assessments and Training
- 401(k) with company matching funds
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Bonus Plan
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan — flex spending, dependent care accounts, voluntary vision and dental and pre-tax treatment of premiums
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Preference for candidates with direct government contracting experience. Excellent communication, organization and negotiation skills. Experience working with the proper contents of pre and post award contract files. Experience in cost and price analysis.